Seán is a respected educator who specialises in relating to students on a deep personal and artistic level to help activate their inner creative voice. With nearly a decade of teaching experience as a private tutor as well as on the faculties of annual music instructional weeks like the Catskills Irish Arts Week and the O'Flaherty Retreat, Seán has developed an immersive and intuitive approach relevant to students of any age, and at any stage of their musical journey.
Instruction is offered in both individual (private) and group formats. When Seán is home from tour, classes may be arranged within the Hudson Valley and NYC regions. When Seán is away on tour, he can often accommodate remote tuition via streaming video platforms such as Skype or Google Hangouts.
Lessons are available on both acoustic guitar and bouzouki (or octave mandolin, cittern, etc). Areas of study include but are not limited to:
- Fundamentals of Guitar in DADGAD Tuning
- Flatpicking Melodies for Guitar in DADGAD Tuning
- Fingerstyle Arranging for Guitar in DADGAD Tuning
- Advanced Techniques for Alternate Tuning Guitar
- Accompanying Songs for Alternate Tuning Guitar
- Fundamentals of Bouzouki in GDAD Tuning
- Fundamentals of Bouzouki in ADAD Tuning
- Flatpicking Melodies for Bouzouki
If any of the courses listed above interest you, or if you can think of anything else you'd like to learn, why not get in touch with Seán today to begin planning your personalised curriculum.